Registration is now open for the Microsoft IT Academy (please read through information below before registering). The Washington State Library (WSL) needs to collect information on each library location/branch that will participate in the IT Academy so that a unique identifier may be assigned to that location. We have chosen to use Survey Monkey to collect your responses, organize the information and export it in a format that is easy for us to use. A new survey needs to be completed for each library location/branch. At the end of the survey you may follow the link to provide information for the next library location/branch or select “Done” to exit the survey.
Two types of information will be needed to complete the registration process.
- The first collects information on the library location/branch.
- The second collects information on the contact/program administrator for the library.
Library location/branch information includes Library (System) Name, Branch Name if needed, and a street address. Please make sure the address listed in Address 1 is a street address and not a PO Box. A street address is a required part of the registration process. If you also list a PO Box, please do so as Address 2 or Address 3.
The Program Administrator should be the library staff person that will lead the Microsoft IT Academy project for your library. Responsibilities for this person include:
- Coordinate program implementation within the library;
- Promote the program to staff and patrons;
- Receive communications from the IT Academy Program ;
- Identify library staff to attend training(s) on the Microsoft IT Academy Program.
If you have additional staff involved in the project, the Program Administrator will be the link between the library, WSL staff and Microsoft IT Academy staff.
The Program Administrator can easily be changed and updated. If the administrator should change as you deploy IT Academy at your library, there is an easy update process.
Two options for assigning a Program Administrator are available:
- Include the name of a different program administrator for each library location/branch
- Use the same program administrator for all library locations/branches. If you choose the latter option, you may indicate on the form the use of this option and enter the information required on only the first survey completed. When we export your information, staff at WSL will copy that information to the different library locations/branches associated with your library (system).
Deadline for registering
We have a planning meeting with IT Academy staff regarding the set-up of training and deployment on July 25th. We ask that if at all possible registrations are submitted prior to that date, i.e., on or before July 24th. That will allow a more productive use of time during this meeting. * Note that registration will remain open throughout the next two years for additional library locations to be signed up and registered.
We encourage your feedback. If you have comments or suggestions, please use our feedback form
Funded in part by the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) through the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA).